- Background / Overview
The Electric Vehicles have taken the world by a storm in the recent years, spearheaded by Tesla which now has a worldwide revenue of $11.8 Billion
India is expected to command leadership in EV space with a projected share of 30% of new vehicles sold by 2030. Govt has tabled a proposal to have a charging station every 3KM in major cities & every 50KM on major national highway.
The EV sector will greatly affect the automobile component manufacturing sector, there are over 8,000 MSMEs and another 50,000 in retails and distribution of aftermarket components which generates over 30 Lacs jobs.
The Automotive Mission Plan 2016-26 is the collective vision of Government of India and the Indian Automotive Industry on where the Vehicles, Auto components, and Tractor industries should reach over the next ten years in terms of size, contribution to India’s development, global footprint, technological maturity, competitiveness, and institutional structure and capabilities. AMP 2026 is a document that is aimed at multiple stakeholders in India and overseas and seeks to communicate the Government and industry’s intent and objectives pertaining to the Indian Automotive industry, comprising the automotive vehicle manufacturers, the auto-component manufacturers and tractor manufacturers who operate in India.
EV Market Opportunity
- New and Emerging Micro-Mobility service providers and their scope of expansion and strategies for the same.
- Electric Vehicle Standardisation & Govt. Incentive Policy 2019-20.
- Discussion on barriers related to policy and regulations, technical feasibility, planning and implementation, performance indicators.
- Passenger Mobility Services.
- Electrification of Logistics.
- Corporate Adoption of Electric Vehicles in India.
- Battery swapping, recycling, battery storage, and bulk charging
- At-Home charging
- Charging Infrastructure and corporate initiatives for accelerating EV adoption
- Financials institutions and their incentives to support EV’s in India.
- Battery pack and cell manufacturing
Go to Market Strategies
- FAME – II: Demand Incentive – Eligibility Assessment Procedure.
- Phase Manufacturing Program (PMP) Guidelines.
- Opex Model in EVS; E-Bus (Intra-city) model
Innovative Business Models
- Swappable Battery vs Fixed Battery (separate vehicle and energy business)
- City Electric Bus fleet on Opex Model
- Multi Modal Electric Transportation solution in cities (auto, taxi, bus, metro)
- Electric shared fleet (Ola, Uber)
- Electric fleet for delivery, e-commerce services
- Electric retro-fitment solutions for in-use vehicles.
- Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the overall business model of EVs.
- Understand the global and Indian market scenario related to Electric Vehicles
- Understand the business opportunities in the field of EVs and EV support equipment
- Identify new product development, technology partnership, markets for your business
- Evaluate EV market for diversification
- Become conversant at EV and EV supporting technologies
- Fundamental understanding of Automotive Business
- Take Away