Welcome to the course in Fundamentals of Green Energy production.
Renewable Energy in particular Wind and Solar has become a mainstay in meeting energy needs having achieved grid parity in term of costs as well as technical requirement. The wind energy has proved a highly successful energy option with the installation of over 560 GW worldwide by the end of December 2018. It is estimated that viable wind power potential across globe is 72 TW, which is four times more than the current World’s total energy demand. The major wind generator installation is in USA, some of the European countries and Asian countries like China and India and other countries catching up with the rest. Lack of skilled human resource has been one of the main barriers that hinders wind and other renewable energy integration.
Decades of concerted efforts have started to yield gratifying results and today, Wind power contributes 10.6% (35625.97 MW) of the total Indian energy mix of 356100.19 MW and stands fourth in terms of installed wind power capacity worldwide as on March 2019. With this vast experience, we have an obligation to disseminate the knowledge learnt to foster growth of wind energy across globe.
About this course:
Wind power is the use of airflow through wind turbines to provide the mechanical power to turn the electric generators. This course includes designing wind farms or their components. It refers to all aspect of the designing process, including specific site specification. It also involves planning, manufacturing all hardware and electrical components. It teaches you about the type of turbines to be used. It describes the method of grid integration of wind power plants into the main electrical grid system.
This course is a combination of videos as online lectures, assignment and a discussion forum for queries.
- The prime objective is to transfer knowledge and special skills to the international participants.
- To build skilled human resource so that there will be advancement of wind energy in the participating country.
- To provide an invaluable platform for exchange of professional and cultural experiences among diverse participants.
- To leverage the research that continues to shape this rapidly evolving discipline.
Fully online with video lectures
Timeline – Flexible deadlines to complete at your own pace
Language – English
Hands-on classroom training – Practical training available after course completion
**After the course is completed, you will be able to opt for a classroom training program of 2 days to 1 week depending on your training requirements at the nearest location possible.
Design Engineers, Technology Manager, Structural Design Engineers
All DIYguru courses are self-paced and you can cover the course videos and assignments with your own pace. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will earn a Certificate ofCourse Completion from DIYguru that includes a serial number of authentication as well. You can use that certificate as part of your resume, or proof of skills you gained or during job interviews where having an edge above others always makes a difference in final selection.
Why take this course
This course teaches you about wind energy, different types of modern wind turbines and their uses around the world. Introduces the physical basics of wind turbine construction and function. You will learn about the cost of integration as well as the impact the integration have on current generators. It is an alternative to burning fossil fuels, is plentiful, renewable, widely distributed, clean, produces no greenhouse gas emissions during operation, consumes no water, and uses little land.
Who should take this course
College students, research graduates and industry manager should take this course for enhancing the current industry developments.
Engineers, professionals, and professors involved in wind power designs.
Course key insights
- Describe the process of grid integration.
- Discuss the impact of the wind power plant on the grid.
- List the components of the typical horizontal axis wind turbine.
- Discuss the cost associated with investing in the wind turbine.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the wind power plant.
The course content for the training has been carefully thought out the syllabus with speciﬁc subject experts giving lectures and going through speciﬁc case studies such that, at the end of the course considerable useful knowledge transfer is perceived.
The course will address the following aspects:
- Wind energy conversion technology and power generation
- Wind turbine technology and developments
- Design of wind turbines
- Wind turbine components
- Wind resource assessment and techniques
- Planning including design of wind farms
- Wind farm developments and feasibility study
- Pre-Investment study and cost beneﬁt analysis
- Installation and commissioning of wind turbines
- Post-installation activities – Grid integration
- O & M aspects of wind farms
- Testing & Certiﬁcation of wind turbines
- Small wind turbine and hybrid systems
- Policies, schemes and legal frameworks
|Wind energy conversion technology and power generation|
|Wind turbine technology and developments|
|Design of wind turbines|
|Wind turbine components|
|Wind resource assessment and techniques|
|Planning including design of wind farms|
|Wind farm developments and feasibility study|
|Pre-Investment study and cost beneﬁt analysis|
|Installation and commissioning of wind turbines|
|Policies, schemes and legal frameworks|
No Reviews found for this course.