A model rocket is a small solid fuel (Black Powder/APCP) powered rocket that is designed to reach low altitudes (100 to 500 metres) and can be effectively recovered by a variety of means. It allows young people to safely make flying rocket models without having to construct dangerous motor units or directly handle explosive propellants.
Model rocketry has been credited as a significant source for learning especially for school children and enhancing their interest in the field of science and technology.
Model Rocketry has been prevalent in the USA since 1970s, and has since then grown into this large community driven ecosystem not only in America but various other nations globally as well.
We are bringing all of this to India.
We are now Releasing a completely new line of model rocketry systems, with several different propulsion systems and DIY kits.
These are highly custom kits and you can build various different types, and sizes from the kit.
The level 4 and 5 kits are also capable of carrying payloads like different sensors, cansats, cameras etc.
Here is a small glimpse of basic components of a Rocketeers model rocket.
Build and Fly Model Rockets. Use Launchers and Remote Ignition systems
The Model Rocketry Workshop is the first of its kind to be introduced in India with a single aim to promote practical learning and effective application of theory by real world examples. This is exactly how we have designed our teaching module keeping in mind the curiosity, the subject of physics, the application and technical hobby in model rocketry.
The Basic module is divided into 4 major sessions in a span of 8-9 hours
1st Session | Inroducation and Awareness | Duration: 2 hours
Lecture on awareness of space science which has been currently lacking in India. Why do we need to go to space? Why do we need such big rockets to send stuff to space? Few insights on how actual launches are carried out and what goes into missions.
2nd Session | Basic Model Rocketry | Duration: 2 hours
Training and interactive session on the fields inside Rocket science and their application. Subjects covered are as follows:
Types of rockets and comparison: Understanding basics, the purpose of rockets, practical examples like a paper plane and balloon, evolution of rockets and model rockets and understanding the systems in launch vehicles.
3rd and 4th Session | Build and Fly | Duration: 4 hours
Training on building the Rocket 101 ‘Typhoon’ provided in the Kit by Rocketeers and a subsequent flying session using the Remote Controlled Ignition systems and Launchers provided by Rocketeers. The students also understand the safety instructions involved with launching a rocket and follow them. This session will help students get a basic insight into model rocketry and make them understand how different parts work and how to build it appropriately and launch.
5th Session | Feedback and takeaways
In the given limited time of the workshop we would like to share as much knowledge we have so that you can take maximum benefits from our experts. We want students to take home motivation to get further into this field. Our experts will be available all throughout the workhop to give you career guidance in the field of Rocketry and Space. Instructions will be given on how you can improve on the design and technical aspects of the rockets and how you can further pursue Model Rocketry.
You will also be able to buy extra Model Rocketry kits, Motors and other materials directly from us at workshop exclusive discounted price.
Intermediate Workshop is bit more advanced and is recommended for higher level of education. It will cover all aspects of ‘Basic Module’.
Total duration: 16 hours
1st Session | Science of Model Rocketry
Includes all the concepts covered in Basic Model Rocketry in Basic Module. Apart from that it includes:
- Aerodynamics: Understanding air flow, physics principles applied to it, concept of forces, concepts of Lift and Drag and associated application, Airplane vs. Rockets, application of aero dynamics to model rocketry
- Propulsion: Different kind of engines, basic theory of propulsion, concepts of weight, thrust, momentum, pressure, Specific impulse, lift-off Comparison with real life examples in balloons, air rockets and launch vehicles, application of propulsion to model rocket engines.
- Flight Mechanics: Understanding forces, aerodynamics and propulsion and applying them to launch vehicles and model rocketry. Understanding the basics of flight, different phases of flight like powered ascent, coasting, re-entry, terminal velocity, controlled vectored ascent (satellite launching)
2nd Session | Build and Fly
Same as that of Basic Module
3rd Session | Advanced Rocketry
- Training to use the simulation software for model
- Stability: Understanding the Stability concept and why it is the most important concept in model rocketry, science of CG and CP, how stability plays an important role in making a rocket fly straight, application to flight mechanics, measuring
- Design Concepts: In order to design their own rocket, students learn various facets of design under Aerodynamics and Stability with Propulsion as constraint. Various design concepts regarding nose cone and fins, staging, multiple motors, aerodynamic drag, moving CP and CG for stability, length and diameter of rocket etc are discussed and a Systems Engineering feel of the system is provided. This helps students in converting all the physics principles and equations into real time problem solving in making the best
4th Session | Design and Fly your own Rocket
Students are given open access to materials to design their own rocket in a group of 3-4. The students are taught simultaneously measuring CG and CP in real time, taking a swing test to ensure stability of the system, understand concept of weight vs. thrust and thus design a rocket appropriately using the knowledge of previous sessions including launch. The students are instructed to set-up the launcher and the ignition systems by themselves and ensuring the safety guidelines. They launch their own rockets and understand from the flight what went wrong or right, which gives them an assessing capability on how rockets (systems) behave in real time, how can they be corrected and eventually an insight on the fundamentals of physics and application.
5th Session | Feedback and takeaways
Same as Basic Module session
In this workshop you get a chance to take benefits from various aspect during and after workshop
- Rocketeers collaborates with the International Space Society to make sure each student receives a certificate which they will be able to present anywhere demonstrating their skills in Model Rocketry. The certificate will help in future internships and Institute
- Each student will get a Rocketeers certificate, which they will be able to present anywhere demonstrating their skills in Model The certificate will help in future internships and Institute Projects.
- Each Rocketeers Kit contains 3 rockets, 3 motors, accessories to build rockets, an instruction manual cum A1 (Saturn V – Moon vehicle) Poster and Fins to make a showcase
- The workshop is conducted by ISRO Students will be able to directly ieract with them on all rocketry subjects. Students will be able to derive free of cost Career Counselling advise in the interactive sessions during the workshop regarding careers in Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering.
- In addition, the participants of the Workshop gain a lifetime membership to the Rocketeers Model Rocketry Club and are automatically signed up to receive our tips, content and new Atacentralmodelrocketryclubinyourcity orataclubatyourinstitute,Rocketeersprovidesallthefacilitiesfor the students to continue launching more rockets, better rockets.
- Students who wish to pursue model rocketry at international levels, building and flying model rockets with NAR(USA) will get an opportunity to do so through Rocketeers as we collaborate with several national and international agencies to give students the opportunity to travel abroad and learn with tours organised by Space
The organizing institute also gets Launchers and Ignition Systems which become the property of the institute. This equipment is the founding stone to facilitate the formation of club activities leading to model rocketry becoming a regular feature of student life in the institute
Students who go through this workshop not only learn during the workshop but can also be associated with Rocketeers in the the long term for internships and projects. We will be providing many such opportunities to our students
We have collaboration with International Space Society(ISS) which is an international non-profit, educational and scientific organisation specialising in space advocacy. They promote social, economic, technological, and political change. Our prime objective is to expand civilization beyond Earth, to settle space and to use the resulting resources to build a hopeful and prosperous future for humanity.
Benefits from workshop with Rocketeers do not limit to the workshop and we have comprehensive plan to bring this to next level.
- The workshop aims at comprehensive teaching on the physics behind rocket science and also comprehensive training on flying the model rockets to make it a permeating activity in our education
- Our main goal is to ensure that each child is able to take that leap from learning theory to applying theory and demonstrate how a practical way of education can do wonders through this workshop.
- The students learn various facets of science, through physics, imagination, equations, application of equations, system’s design approach and finally a launching activity. After taking our workshop, the student will really understand ‘Why study Physics at all?’ They understand how equations convert into real-life machines, a connection which is not explained in our current schools through the present education
- We emphasize that students understand the link and appreciate the math and physics and their real world
- The best feedback we have got from students is that – They started loving science
Don’t miss this wonderful chance at a shot on the Model Rocketry Workshop in your institute. We hope you give us a chance to make this workshop successful and to have a great experience with you spread the love of model rocketry.
|Inroduction and Awareness|
|Basic Model Rocketry|
|Build and Fly|
|Science of Model Rocketry|
No Reviews found for this course.