The Vels University was established in 1992 by Vael’s Educational Trust. It is located in Pallavaram, a suburb of Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, a southern state of India. Vael’s Educational Trust was established with the aim of transforming an individual into a complete man with character and ability committed to national service & development. It is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and it is approved by AICTE.
- It was declared a Deemed to be University in 2008
- The University has established a system of Quality Assurance to enhance and monitor the quality of education.
- The university has tie-ups and collaboration with prestigious intentional institutes like Queensland University, Northern Michigan University and City of Glasgow College (CGC) Scotland, UK.
- The school offers wide spectrum of job-oriented undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs to its students.
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of Hotel Management
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Bioinformatics
- National Service Scheme: The University has a unit with 400 volunteers. The NSS is functioning under four officers. The Units undertake activities like adoption of villages, betterment of environment etc
- Red Cross Society
- Youth Red Cross
- Rotaract Club
|Auditorium||Shivalayaa is an auditorium of 200 seating capacity built for curricular, cocurricular and cultural activities like seminars, conferences and inter-universities cultural fests.|
- The School of Management Studies has ranked 3rd best B-School in Tamil Nadu and obtained 46th rank in all India by The Sunday Indian-ICMR Survey
- The School of Management Studies has ranked 42nd best B-School by all India Dainik Bhaskar Lakshya.