Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, was established on 10th August 1954 by our First Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The college started with just three B.E courses in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering with an intake 40 students each in all the streams.
- In 1971-72, Post Graduate courses were started in the University
- In 1977-78, B.E & M.E courses were transformed to B.Tech & M.Tech courses.
- A sprawling campus of nearly 1000 acres (6 km), it is one of the largest universities in India
- The architect of the B building was the famous Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya
- Professor W. Rajendra is the present Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- Research and development are encouraged at this university.
- The university has eight constituent colleges of its own.
- It also has a post-graduate center at Kavali. Almost 71 diverse PG courses and numerous Diploma and Certificate courses are accessible to students at Sri Venkateswara University.
Facts & Figures:
|University Type||State University|
|Approved By||UGC, NAAC ‘A’|
|Campus Area||1000 Acre|
|Library||6700 (Total Books)|
|Accommodation||Girls and Boys|
How to Reach
|4.3 Km away from Tirupati Railway Station|
5.6 Km away from Tirupati Bus Stand.
The Directorate of Distance Education was started in 1972 as the Institute of Correspondence Courses to cater to the needs of students who could not pursue a formal college education. In addition to imparting education through regular courses, SVU also offers several UG and PG programs through distance learning mode via Directorate of Distance Education (DDE). Candidates who have passed HSC (10+2) examination will get direct admission to the distance learning courses whereas students without any formal education are admitted on the basis of marks scored in the university eligibility test.
For more information click here: Distance Education
Sri Venkateswara University Course Structure:
SVU offers various kinds of courses on different subjects. It also offers B.A., B.Sc, B.Com, M.A., M.Sc, M.Com and other Postgraduate Degrees. M. Phil, Ph.D. and Engineering courses are also available at the university.
For more information click here: Fee structure
Sri Venkateswara University Placement:
The Placement Cell has been operational for the last fifteen years, with the dual objective of imparting preparatory coaching to students and listening to the industry to arrange campus selections. The cell is headed by a Teacher, Nominated by the principal and is manned by an office assistant. This is a student-supported activity. At this peak, the cell could arrange placements for about 50% of its intake strength. The placement cell is doing its best to project the institute and to arrange campus selections.
For more information click here: Placement Details