Shri Ramdeobaba Kamla Nehru Engineering College (Also Known By Its Acronym SRKNEC) is a college in Nagpur, India. Formed in 1984, it is affiliated to Nagpur University. It is now known as Shri Ramdeobaba College Of Engineering And Management (SRCOEM)
- 30 years of existence has helped RCOEM grow deep roots and establish a strong foundation in technical education. Journey of a student in this institute has always involved comprehensive knowledge building from practical skills, theoretical knowledge to personality development, which has given them a head-start in their career.
- RCOEM was granted progressive academic autonomy from the session 2011-12. Various statutory bodies such as Board of Management, Academic Council, Board of Studies, and Finance Committee have already been constituted and an industry need-based syllabus has been introduced.
- The campus covers 20 acres (81,000 m2) on a hill in the suburbs, 10 km from the city center. The college has a holy temple of Ramdeobaba.
Research And Development Cell:-
The Research in RCOEM covers the following areas:
• Publications in International and National Journals
• Publications in International and National Conferences
• Generation of Research and Development funds
• Registration of the Patents
• Quality Improvement Programs
The faculty is actively involved in research and development activities with more than 1150 publications which include 350 plus journal publications. 54 research scholars are enrolled in Ph.D programme in the department of Electronics, Civil, Industrial, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 8 submissions and 10 Ph.D Awardees.
With globalization and increasing need of international exposure to academia, RCOEM has forged ties with various universities of USA and UK. The primary aim of these collaborations is to foster advancement in teaching, research and academic collaboration and to create avenues for enhancing student and faculty experience, enhanced employability with development of curriculum, practical approach, soft skill development and creativity.
|Batch||Civil||Industrial Engg.||Electrical||Electrical & Electronics||Electronics Product Design Tech.||Electronics & Comm.||Information Tech||Computer Science||MCA|
Placement For 2014 Batch:-
For the Batch of 2014, 531 offers have been given to the students till date by 53 organizations. Most of the IT companies visit the college during seventh semester while Core companies visit the college throughout the Final year of students’ graduation. RCOEM, the most sought after engineering colleges in the city, has created another record for entire Maharashtra to select highest number of students on campus placements with 295 student’s selected by the world’s leading IT company ACCENTURE.
- Total Number of companies visited : 53
- Highest Salary : Highest Salary offered is overall Rs 6.5 lacs per annum by Informatica
- Number of Core Companies visited campus : 23
- Number of IT Companies visited campus : 30
Top Recruiters For 2014 Batch:-
Placements For 2013 Batch:-
|Total Offers||: 464|
|Total Number Of Companies Visited||: 64|
|Number Of Core Companies Visited Campus||: 27|
|Number Of IT Companies Visited Campus||: 37|
|Highest Salary||: Indian Navy Has Selected One Student Through UES With Highest Package Of 7.20 LPA|
Events & Alerts:-
- The college Magazine “ARCEON” of Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management won the Inter collegiate annual institution magazine competition of RTMNU.
- ISTE: The chapter is committed to organize various technical events like Short Term Training Programme (STTP), orientation Programme etc. on the campus. The Institute has a very vibrant and committed ISTE chapter with more than 70 members.
|Sr.No.||Name Of Event||Date Of Event|
|1.||Installation of ISTE Chapter||8th August 2008|
|2.||Colosseum -08||8th – 10 August 2008|
|3.||Workshop on Photoshop||September 2008|
|4.||Workshop on Flash||September 2008|
|5.||Campus Alistar||3rd -9th December 2008|
|6.||Colosseum -09||28th to 30th August 2009|
|7.||Quiz||14th August 2010|
|8.||Colosseum -10||20th to 22nd August 2010|
|9.||Colosseum -11||18th to 19th August 2011|
- IIIE: IIIE Nagpur Chapter is one of the vibrant chapters of IIIE. It has won the prestigious “Best Chapter Award” for its contribution in the field of Industrial Engineering (51st National Convention of Industrial Engineering). It has been very active in contributing in quality and productivity movement in and around Nagpur.
- National Seminar on Industrial Productivity, Safety and Disaster Management
- Productivity Contest
- Industrial Exhibition of Industrial Safety & Disaster Management Devices
- I.E.T.E. Students Forum: IETE is national Apex body of Engineers dedicated to the general advancement of science and technology in Electronics communication and Information Technology and other allied areas.The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer’s student forum of SRCOEM was started on 12 th April 2004.
- Pratishruti (Multiple Talents) is a cultural event held anually in the months of January to February. Many famous artists like Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Raja Hasan have performed in this event. Speakers like writer Chetan Bhagat, director Rajkumar Hirani and successful industrialists like Mr. Rahul Bajaj have also graced this event.Famous Pakistani Rock Band ‘JAL’ performed at Pratishruti 2009 which also marked the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the College. India’s well-known female rapper, Hard Kaur performed at Pratishruti 2013.
- Technovision is a national level technical event with participation from many reputed Engineering Colleges of India. Speakers like the Former President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam have spoken at this event.It has events like Technical Paper Presentation, Line Tracer Robots, SoccerBots, AmphiBots, RoboWars, Pirates of th Web, LAN Gaming.
- The library with an area of 1004 sq. mt. is spread over two floors of the main building. It offers open access to all students and stocks 75,546 including Engg., MCA, & MBA books, valued over Rs.2 Crore 05 lakhs. (approx.)
- It subscribes to 137 National and 19114 On-line e-journals. The total procurement cost of Engg., MCA, & MBA books, print journals & e-journals is Rs. 3 Crore 08 lakhs.( approx.)
|No. Of Titles||No. Of Copies||Total Cost||No. Of National|
|NO. OF TITLES||NO. OF COPIES||TOTAL COST Rs. Ps.||NO. OF NATIONAL JNLS.||TOTAL COST Rs. Ps.|
|16||M.C.A.||542||4510||16,93,646.00||12 —————– 113||34,500.00|
- SRCOEM was ranked 52 in Outlook India’s Top Engineering Colleges of 2011.
- In rankings limited to private colleges it was ranked 30 by Mint’s Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009 and 16 in Electronics for you is Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2011.
- In the limited participation CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey 2011 it was ranked 23.