Sethu Institute Of Technology was established by Sethu Educational Trust in the year 1995 at Pulloor in Karipatti. Initially the college started with a strength of 180 students with only three UG courses and now it has raised over 4000 students with 8 UG and 7 PG courses.
The college is situated on Madurai-Tuticorin National Highway (NH 45B) just 12 km away from the Madurai airport. The lush green campus of 132 acres with great surrounding gives a beautiful view and place for aspiring students.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Science & Humanities
Placement Stats :
No Of Companies Visited:
|No Of Companies||28||36||39||40||50|
No Of Student Placed :
|No Of Students Placed||233||277||361||397|
|Placed Students Of 2011 – 2012 Batch||Placed Students Of 2012 – 2013 Batch|
|No.Of Industry Organised||No.Of Students Placed||No.Of Industry Organised||No.Of Students Placed|
|33||350 out of 420||39||400 out of 466|
The central library is constructed in an area of 980.05 sq.mt. Currently the library houses around 55,614 Books, printed volumes subscribes to more than 222 periodicals and more than 4221 Non-book resources.
Technical Activities :
Technical activities like Symposiums and Miniproject exhibitions are organized e National level & Institutional level. Various departments of the college organizes National level Technical Symposiums to stimulate and update the knowledge of the students in their core subjects. Miniproject exhibition is also conducted at the college level to encourage the students’ practical knowledge and overcome the difficulties in the modeling & designing practice.
College Ranking :
- The College is one among the top 250 colleges in India according to Edu Tech Magazine.
- The College achieved 17th Position in Tamil Nadu.
- The College achieved 3rd position in South Tamil Nadu.
State Govt. Scholarships :
- Backward Classes Welfare Department Scholarship:This scholarship is granted to the students belonging to BC/ MBC/ DNC community admitted in Govt. Quota & whose parent’s income does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- First Generation Graduate Scholarship:This Tuition Fees concession is granted to First Generation Graduate students admitted under Government Quota for Ist Year B.E./ B.Tech & Lateral Entry Direct II year B.E./ B.Tech is granted by State Government.
- Other scholarships includes Uzhavar Pathukappu Thittam, Physically Handicapped Students Scholarship, Teachers Welfare Scholarship, Departmental Scholarship
Central Govt. Scholarships:
- Adi-Dravidar & Tribal Welfare Department Scholarship: This scholarship is granted to the SC/ ST and Converted Christian SC community whose parent’s income is below Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
- Minority Welfare Department Merit Scholarship :This scholarship is granted to the students belonging to (Christian/ Muslim) minority community and whose parent’s income is less than Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- UGC Scholarship :This scholarship is granted to the PG Students belonging to SC/ST by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
Management Scholarship :
Fees Concession Scholarship : The Management offers 100% fees concession for students with 190 cut off and above.
Various Trust Scholarship :
- Shree Vijayalakshmi Charitable Trust, Coimbatore,
- Moulana Azad Education Foundation Scholarship, New Delhi,
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation, Bangalore etc.,.