Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University (VBSPU) formerly known as Purvanchal University is located in Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh. It is a State University that was established in 1987 as a residential-cum-affiliating university. The University offers UG and PG courses in the streams like Engineering and Technology, Medicine, Management Studies, Science and Applied Social Sciences.
Know more about VBSPU Application Process
Check VBSPU Cutoff
|Founded In||October 2, 1987|
|Type of University||State|
|Approved By||AICTE and UGC|
|Campus Area||171.5 Acres|
318 journals and magazines
10,211 PhD theses
|Hostel||4 (Boys hostel)|
2 (Girls hostel)
|How to Reach||8.1 Km from Jaunpur Railway Station|
12.5 Km from Jaunpur Bus Stand
14 Km from Jaunpur Airport
VBSPU Courses and Admission
The University offers B.Tech / B.Tech (Lateral) and B.Pharm / B.Pharm (Lateral) programs at the Undergraduate level and MBA, MHRD, M.Sc., MCA, MAP, MJMC and M.A. programs at the Postgraduate level.
VBSPU Undergraduate Admission
The University offers B.Tech / B.Tech (Lateral) and B.Pharm / B.Pharm (Lateral) programs at the Undergraduate level.
- Admission to these courses will on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 in any discipline.
- Selection will be based on marks secured by the candidate in UPSEE (UP State Entrance Examination).
- To apply for B.Pharm (Lateral) course a candidate must pass D.Pharm in First division from PCI recognized Institute.
- To apply for B.Tech (Lateral) course a candidate must pass Polytechnic Diploma or B.Sc. program in first division from a recognized Institute.
VBSPU Postgraduate Admission
The University offers MBA, MHRD, M.Sc., MCA, MAP, MJMC and M.A. programs at the Postgraduate level.
- Applying candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- Selection to the PG courses will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in PUCAT or UPSEE entrance exam.
- Merit list for different courses is prepared on the basis of candidates performance in the qualifying examination and the results obtained at the graduation level.
Check VBSPU Courses and Fees Structure
- Fee Waiver Scheme – The State Government has started a fee waiver scheme to help the economically poor but meritorious students.
- Education Loans – Education loans are available to the needy and deserving students from the Nationalized Banks at reasonable rates of interest. Thesis loans are repayable after the completion of the degree/diploma.
- Financial Help – Academically intelligent and poor students are offered scholarships to acquire higher education. Relaxation in tuition fee is also given to merit position holders in the qualifying examinations/competitive examinations and position holders in the University examinations.
- Computer Centre : The University provides with a well-furnished air conditioned computer lab that provides quality service to the university community in computing facilities, E-mail, etc. The lab equips with the following software and hardware like windows operating system , SPSS, Ms-office etc.
- Hostel : The university campus offers residential facilities for the students admitted to the University. There are separate boys and girls hostel with fixed capacity to accommodate the students. Each room has two beds, cupboard, study table and chair for each student. It has all the infrastructure facilities like student’s mess, dining hall, recreation room, study room, internet facility, gymnasium hall and badminton court.
- Library : The Library premises are under CCTV surveillance to control unethical incidents. Library has Wi Fi connectivity to provide Internet as well as e-Resource facilities to its users. The present Library stock comprises 1,12,006 books, 318 professional Indian and foreign journals and magazines, 557 back volumes of journals, 10211 Ph.D. theses, 760 CD, 12 Newspapers, 216 Govt. publications, press clippings since 2008. Library has a reach collection of reference books like, encyclopedia, dictionary, yearbook, atlas, directory, almanacs etc. Library has an EDUSAT system in audio-visual section to attend the virtual teaching programs telecast by UGC, AICTE, and IGNOU etc.
- Auditorium : The auditorium with a capacity of 1000 provides the students a platform to unmask their hidden talents. It is fully air conditioned and has separate rooms and other basic facilities for conducting special programs like convocation, national and international level conferences, and many other academic and cultural events.