Pillai College of Engineering (PCE) previously known as PIIT was established in 1999. The university seeks to develop in its students a sound technical foundation and to enhance the natural curiosity of its engineers. It is believed that a successful engineer is one who complements his deep theoretical knowledge with an intuitive practical approach. This objective is believed to be achieved when practical knowledge, quality education, and interaction with social organization and industries is focused.
Pillai College of engineering Highlights
|Type of institute||Govt. Maharashtra|
|Campus Area||Not known|
|How to Reach||By Air: 500 km approx.|
31 km from Loknagari
Pillai College of engineering Courses and Admission
Pillai College of Engineering undergraduate admission (B.E)
Those candidates seeking admission in the UG Programmes need to complete their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% (45% for backward class) marks in the relevant subjects, from a recognized board. Admissions are usually done on the basis of Maharashtra Govt. rules. An MHT-CET exam and a GATE exam is conducted for admission to B.E.
Pillai College of Engineering Postgraduate Admission (M.E)
The candidates seeking admission in the PG Programmes need to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50% in the relevant subject, from a recognized university. However, those who wish to take admission in M.E should have completed their B.E from a reputed college.
To know more about the Pillai College of Engineering admission process
Pillai College of Engineering Placement
- The placement cell of the college is very efficient, as many companies recruit employees from the university itself, with more marks, better placements take place.
- With a data bank of over 1000 companies, the cell ensured opportunities in more than 100 companies in previous years. More than 50 companies have given students opportunities in the current years. With Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, HCL etc. amongst others.
Pillai College of Engineering Ranking
|Body / Magazine||Rank||Year|
Pillai College of Engineering Scholarship
A scholarship is provided to students, who score marks more than 70% meritorious students do get relaxation in their fees.
PILLAI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. Pillai College of engineering houses a spacious library, stocked with plenty of journals and thousands of CDs and reports. Pillai College of engineering library consists of thousands of books which help students with all exam related problems and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls. The hostels have 300 girls and 380 boys, separate for girls and boys, it also has caring student facility where people can have a great experience of hostel life.
- Medical Aid: On the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center.
- Cafeteria: Pillai College of engineering has a canteen with a great sitting capacity, with students as well as the faculty having a recreation time, where tea/coffee and various snacks options are available. On the other hand, canteen serves great meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: Pillai College of engineering visualizes centralized computing facility, campus-wide networking, and information technology as a means to enrich the educational experience and invigorate emerging areas of scholarly research and education. The labs provide practical exposure of the subjects and give an opportunity to experiment what the students have learned in theory.
- Gymkhana: The College’s Campus has a gym for its students and staff members, students can work out together and enjoy the fun associated with it.
- Sports Centre: For enthusiastic students, who are interested in sports and take part in various sports activities and can represent the college on a national as well as international level.