PES University (PESU) was established in 1972 and is situated in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India. PES University was formerly known as PES Institute of Technology, it was renamed in 2013 where it attained University status by the Government of Karnataka.
Moreover, PES University has three more campuses which are:
- PES University Electronic City Campus
- PES University Hanumanth Nagar Campus
- PES Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.
PES University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. The university also has many Academic and Industry partnerships which help in improving the overall aspect of students.
- Taylor’s University of Malaysia
- Aberdeen University (which provides project-based specific offering)
- Accor IBIS- Novotel
- Red Bull
- Travel Earth (BEATROUTE), Singapore
Check how to apply for PES University Admission
PES University Highlights
|Recognition||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
AACSB (Business Education Alliance Member)
|Campus Area||PESU RR campus – 30 Acres|
|Accommodation||Girls and Boys|
|PES Institution Strength||26,000|
|Course||More than 25, please visit pes.edu/programs|
|How to Reach||7 Kms away from Bangalore City Junction Railway Station|
8 Kms away from Kempegowda Bus Stand
PES University Courses and Eligibility
For Undergraduate courses
PES University offers a number of UG courses like B.E. / B.Tech., B.Des., B.Sc., B.Com., B.B.A., B.C.A., MBBS, B.Pharm. and B.Arch. courses along with various Integrated and Dual-Degree courses. The admission to these above courses is through university entrance test PESSAT.
- For admission in B.E/B.Tech., the candidate must have 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th or equivalent.
- For B.Des. , Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other relevant stream and should have studied English as a mandatory course along with valid UCEED or university test scores.
- For B.Arch., Candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have studied mathematics as a mandatory course along with valid NATA scores.
- For BBA.LLB., the candidate must have at least 45% marks in 12th from any recognized board. Also, CLAT and PESSAT score is also mandatory.
- For BCA, BHM, and BBA, the candidate must have done 12th or equivalent qualification.
To know more: PES University Fees
For Postgraduate Courses
PES University offers a variety of courses at the postgraduate lev which includes M.E./M.Tech., M.Sc., M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Com., M.Pharm., M.D., M.S. degrees under various specialization subjects.
- For M.E/M.Tech., the candidate must have at least 50% in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering degree in a relevant stream from a recognized University. Also, PESSAT / PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) is also required.
- For admission in MBA, the candidate must have at least 60% in Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University. Valid Test Scores in PESSAT, PGCET, MAT, CMAT, CAT, GMAT, GRE is required.
For Research programs
PES University also offers M.Phil in Maths and Science and Ph.D. degrees in 8 different fields of research.
For admission in Ph.D. and M.Phill, the candidate must have both PG and UG degrees with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA) at both levels.
Candidates applying for the Ph.D. courses need to go through the PESSAT Research Selection Process, and candidates will be shortlisted for the interview rounds based on the results of PESSAT.
Click here to know more about PESSAT
PES University Placements
PESU has ‘Placement Cell’ which provides assistance to students for internships and final placements. The university provides training and industry interactions to prepare students for job recruitment process.
Most Visiting Companies includes Honeywell, L’Oréal, Bosch, ITC, Nestle, HP, Oracle, Amazon, Deloitte, Genpact, Morgan Stanley, HDFC Bank, EY, Accor Hotels, Cruise Companies.
|Courses||Average Salary Package||Highest Salary Package|
|MBA||6 LPA||12 LPA|
|BHM||4 LPA||8 LPA|
Click to know more about PES University Placement
PES University Scholarships
The university offers scholarships to students who perform exceptionally well in their academics.
- Prof. CNR Rao Merit Scholarships – 25% fee waiver is given to the student to top 20% students of each class every year.
- MRD Scholarship – For meritorious performance every semester.
- Distinction Scholarship – For students securing distinction every semester.
- Rural Scholarship – Scholarships are given to students coming from the rural background.
- SAP Merit Scholarship – Industry scholarships for meritorious students.
Why join PES University?
- PES University was ranked amongst Top 20 private B-Schools in India by Careers 360 magazine.
- PESIT is the second most preferred destination next to IIMB for B-School aspirants (Times of India September 28, 2011).
- PES University is South East Asia’s 1st ISO 9002-certified Institution.
- Rated 1st in Karnataka and 23rd in India by Dataquest (IDC 2005 Survey).
- Recognized institute under TEQIP Phase II.