Panipat Institute Of Engineering And Technology, was established in 2006. It is run by Vidyapeeth Education Trust and affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and approved by AICTE, Govternment of India.
- The main aim is to promote academic growth by offering Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Engineering and Management.
- It is one of the top institutes in Delhi NCR, Haryana situated on National Highway No- 1 near Samalkha, and is about 21 Kms from Panipat and 5o Kms from Delhi bypass and easily approachable by rail and road.
- The Institute is spread over an area of 16 acres of land.
- The onwards drive has added one more feather to its glorious cap by bagging two prestigious awards of Academic Excellence in NCR-2014 & Best placement in NCR-2014 bestowed by Hon’ble Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Government of India, Dr. Shashi Tharoor on 14th April 2014.
- PIET was adjudged the Best Engineering College of 2014 in Delhi-NCR, and was awarded the certification of proud distinction by Honorable Minister of Communication & Information and Minister of Law & Justice, Government of India Mr. Kapil Sibal on 10th January 2014.
- The college provides international internships in countries like UK, USA, Sweden, Germany, etc.
Seminars: PIET organized a National Conference On Emerging Trends In Electronics Communication Engineering (ETECE-11) on 22nd -23rd APRIL 2011. Total 181 Research papers were received from all over India (west Bengal, Solan, Sikkim, Sangroor, Gwalior, Malot, Andhra Pradesh, Karnatka, Lucknow, Delhi). Out of which 135 Papers selected for Paper presentation. A contribution of 13 papers was from B. Tech. students.
Conferences: The institute regularly organizes National and International level seminars, workshops and conferences to keep the students and members of faculty abreast with the latest developments in economical, social, technical and professional spheres of life. Experts from the field of industry, world of science (IITs and NITs various Universities) and philanthropists visit PIET and enrich our understanding.
- The AICTE sponsored staff development program on “Making Technical Teaching Effective” organized by the department of Business Administration from 26th June to 2nd July was appreciated by all speakers and participants for the coverage of range of relevant topics related to effectiveness of teaching.
- A two day workshop on Robotics Technology was organized at PIET campus on 24th -25th September.
- PIET organized an International Workshop on “Innovations the Opportunities in Textile Technology” from 5th to 6th November. PIET invited experts from IIT and foreign universities to present their views on various technological innovations and their sustainability.
Placements:- PIET has a full-fledged integrated placement cell, which invite the leading brands of the corporate world to campus every year. Our campus placement process is designed to meet the needs of recruiters alongside providing students with the best opportunities to jumpstart their career.
Placement cell looks after employment avenues in the emerging Industry at national & international levels. Reputed companies like Wipro, Syntel, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant, IBM, Sasken, CSC, AIG Software, iGate, i-flex, etc., have conducted campus interviews and recruited students.
- More than 108 corporate houses have recruited Students.
- Highest package goes as high as INR. 22 lac p.a
- Average salaries Rs.2.8 Lac p.a
PIET Maestros: PIET organizes an annual Inter-Institute Technical and Cultural fest “Maestros” to showcase the skills and talent in various cultural areas like Dancing, Poetry, Singing, Choreography, heatre, Mime etc and various brain games like Project display, Technical Quiz, LAN gaming, Paper presentation, Poster making and many more events to apply the conceptual learning of the students through various means. The events like Qawali, Pot Decoration, Salad-making, T-Shirt painting, Face Painting, Nail Art in Maestros 2013.
PIET Quest: Institute recognizes and rewards the latent talents of students in Science, Arts, Commerce stream of classes 11thand 12th and of final year undergraduate students by organizing contest covering the Schools, Polytechnics and Colleges in Sonipat, Panipat, Karnal, Rohtak, Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Shamli,Bagpat Delhi regions. This contest is highly beneficial to students for providing a comprehensive insight into tackling various types of competitions and the Career Counselling sessions held in the Institute by renowned experts.The three- day PIET Quest Technocrat-2014 was held on 24-26 April 2014. The unique PIET event enlisted participation of 58000 students from 355 Institutes in NCR- Delhi & Haryana.
PIET Induction Programme:Piet is alive to the value of inculcating right attitude among the freshers at the entry point. The objective is to ingrain & nurture in the young minds proper initiation for efficient learning and effective skill- building as complementary assets.
- A three-day induction program is carried out for all the newly admitted students in different streams of Engineering and Management.
- Application specific classes are conducted in different disciplines to bring relatively weak students at par with the rest of the group.
- A Freshers Party ‘Carbuncle’ is organized each year to welcome the new incumbents and allow them open interaction with the seniors so as to promote cooperation, cordiality and coordination with one another. The event is a pageant of glamour, melody & thrill presented by the freshers & enlivened by a guest super star of national & international fame.
PIET Carbuncle: Carbuncle is a function comparable to sprouting of seeds, as the seniors infuse the PIET culture into the budding generation of the institution to keep the ball rolling into the right direction.it’s been night of singing and dancing, fun and frolic, celebrating all the way with fresh and raw talent of PIET.
Clubs & Societies:-
- Literary Club
- Sports Club
- Cultural Club
- Blood donation camps
- Tree plantation drive
- Free education for the bright students from society’s weaker section.
Extensive Digital Library: PIET consists of a central library and also has several departmental libraries. This system enables the library to open for extensive hours and connects the users with Virtual Reference & Referral Services Digital, Mobile Services, Internet communications, Digital Resources, Reprography Services, Book Bank Service & Inter Library Loan.
Hostel: PIET offers a superb boarding complex to its students. The rooms are elegant and well- ventilated, cavernous and cozy. Two students can stay in a room comfortably.The boys’ hostel has the capacity of about 150 boys (extendable up to 200) whereas the girl’s hostel can house 50 girls (can be extended up to 100). Hostels have Gym, Common Rooms, Badminton Courts, Volleyball ground and facilities for other indoor games.
- Architecture: The hostel buildings are remarkable pieces of architecture.
- Common Rooms: Spacious Common Rooms are provided in all the hostels, which are a place for constructive activities like indoor games, discussions and get together within the hostel.
- Rooms:Well-furnished and spacious rooms are there for boys and girls each.
Open Air Theatre: An Open Air Theatre has been built for the Pietians to provide a boost to the co-curricular activities and other various cultural function.
Scholarships & Prizes:
|%age in 10+2 (PCM)||Tuition Fee Waiver||%age in Graduation||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|Above 95||50%||Above 80||100%|
|B.TECH.||BBA and BCA|
|JEE Rank||Tuition Fee Waiver||%age in 10+2||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|Below 50000||100%||Above 90||50%|
• Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology, Haryana is ranked number 1 in the state of Haryana.
• The institute has been awarded as the Best Engineering College in the Delhi NCR region