Osmania University is the third oldest University in south India and the seventh oldest university in India.
- Osmania University was founded by Nawab Osman Ali Khan, seventh Nizam of Hyderabad.
- The university focuses on contributing to the social and economic development of the country.
- Osmania University is the first university which provides for Indian languages as the medium of instruction such as Urdu. English is a compulsory subject as well.
Osmania University Facts and Figures:
|Year of Establishment||1918|
|Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as “A” Grade University|
|Campus Area||1300 acres|
|Total No. of Students||300,000|
|Total Books||500,000 books|
|Location||Saifabad in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
Osmania University Courses
Osmania University provides various full-time PG and UG courses. The following table shows the number of courses Osmania University Provides:
|25||UG Programmes with 158 combinations|
|2||Research Programmes at M.Phil. and PhD levels|
For Fee Details, you may click here
Osmania University Placements:
Osmania University has been playing a proactive role for the past several years in extending the placement & Training services. The Office of the Directorate of Placement Services always takes lead in identifying the needs of our students, Osmania University Placement Portal has designing capacity building activities, projecting their competencies to employers and providing a forum for placement activities in the Campus & Constituent Colleges.
For more details about placements, click here
Osmania University Admission 2017-18:
Osmania University provides courses in different fields, Osmania University Admission Procedure is controlled by DOA (Director of Admission).
DOA Admission Procedure:
- The issue of Notifications: The Directorate of Admissions issues notification for entrance and admission into various P.G. and P.G. Diploma courses, generally, during the first week of April every year. The notifications for other courses such as M.Phil, B.Ed. (Distance Mode), etc., will be issued as and when the University notifies them.
- Entrance Examinations: Conducts entrance examinations to various P.G. and P.G. Diploma courses in the first/second week of June and after evaluation declare the results along with a rank wise merit list.
- Counselling: Admissions to P.G. and P.G. Diploma courses offered by various University constituent and affiliated colleges will be made through a centralized counselling process. The counselling process, in general, commences during the last week of June / first week of July every year.
- Approval of Admitted Candidates: Verifies the eligibility and approves the list of admitted candidates under Non-Resident Indian (NRI) quota / Management Quota into M.A., M.Sc., M.B.A., M.C.A., B.Ed., LL.B., LL.M., Hotel Management, Hospital Management and Pharmacy courses offered by all private affiliating institutions of the Osmania University, including minority institutions
Osmania University Distance Education:
The University offers UG & PG courses in private mode under its Prof. G. Ram Reddy Centre for Distance Education (PGRRCDE). Osmania University Distance Education is recognized by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB), New Delhi. PGRRCDE delivers education through contact & weekend classes for all programs. Check the list of Courses offered by Osmania University Distance Education Department.
|MBA||Graduate with Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET) conducted by PGRRCDE of OU.|
|MA||Student must be a graduate from a recognized university in India.|
|M.Com||Students must have passed B.Com from a recognized University.|
|M.Sc||Student must be a graduate in a related discipline.|
|BA||Students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized university.|
Osmania University Results:
Osmania University offers various PG courses under the choice-based credit system (CBCS). CBCS is offered to those candidates only who have admitted in campus & constituent colleges of OU excluding district PG Colleges & OU affiliated colleges. The evaluation process is carried out in terms of semester grade point average (SGPA) for all courses. The result for all the courses is available online only in the news feed of the official website of the Osmania University. Follow these steps to check your result:
- Visit the official website of the Osmania University.
- Navigate to the news feed section (for the latest result) of the Osmania University.
- Click on the latest result link & enter your hall ticket number & Submit.
- Now save & download the scorecard.
Osmania University Activities:
|Centre For Educational Development Of Minorities||It was established in 1994 with the objective of improving the classroom performance of school children and improving the participation and performance of minority candidates in competitive examinations.|
|English Language Training Centre||It was established in 1988, a number of Workshops have been organized on various aspects of English Language Teaching with experts drawn from U.K. and U.S.A.|
|Physical Education||The Department of Physical Education existed since the inception of Arts College to promote indoor and outdoor games.|
|National Service Scheme (NSS)||The NSS Cell conducts Special Camps in 6 (six) districts i.e. Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Mahabubnagar, Medak, Nalgonda and Nizamabad for promoting the welfare of society.|
Osmania University Scholarships:
There will be three scholarships in Osmania University:
These scholarships will be called ONGC Scholarships and the scholarship holders will be called as ONGC Scholars.
The department and degree for which ONGC Scholarship will be instituted are given as: