National Institute of Technology (NIT), previously known as Regional College of Engineering. It was established by the Government of India in 1959. The college’s foundation stone was laid by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru for this institute on October 10, 1959, being the first in the chain of 30 NITs (formerly known as the RECs). A well-known institute with dedicated faculty striving to achieve higher levels of technical excellence. UNESCO and UK have been a great part of the development of many activities undertaken in the past. They have also received World Bank Assistance under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme. Admission to certain courses will be on the basis of Entrance Exams – JEE Main (B.Tech, B.Arch), GATE (M.Tech, M.Plan), JAM (M.Sc.), NIMCET (MCA), CAT/MAT (MBA).
NIT Warangal Highlights
|Campus Area||4000 sq. meters|
|Library||Over 1,57,596 books+38 journals|
|How to Reach||Aerial Dist. 167 km|
Rail Dist. 12 km from Warangal
Road Dist. 1462 km
NIT Warangal Courses and Admission
NIT Warangal B.Tech / B.Arch Admission
Admission to the B.Tech / B.Arch program is on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 12th (Science Stream) or equivalent and JEE Main Entrance exam.
- CBSE – Minimum 50% marks
- JEE Main – Minimum 60% marks
Final Selection to the program is based on the allocation of seats through JoSSA counseling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
NIT Warangal M.Tech / M.Plan / M.Sc. Admission
NIT offers eleven specializations under M.Tech Program and five programs specialization under M.Sc. program. Applying candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in their respective course, with Minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Selection is made on the basis of GATE / JAM score acquired by the candidate. Final selection to the program will be made by CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Plan).
NIT Warangal MCA and MBA Admission
NIT offers MCA and MBA program at the Postgraduate level. Candidates applying for these courses must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/University. Those applying for MCA program must hold a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60%(Mathematics in 12th is Mandatory) whereas candidates applying for MBA must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks.
- Selection to MCA program will be on the basis of scores obtained in NIMCET exam.
- Admission to MBA program will be on the basis of ranks acquired in CAT / MAT.
For more NIT Warangal related Admission queries
NIT Warangal Placements
NIT Warangal offers Placements to candidates Yearwise.
The following graph depicts NIT Year wise placement –
NIT Warangal Ranking
|Body / Magazine||Rank||Year|
NIT Warangal Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates, particularly to those from low-economic backgrounds Or from Reserved Categories. Even those who do exceptionally well get a chance to avail the scholarship.
- The Institute offers a scholarship to handicapped students as well.
- Samsung offers the Samsung Star Scholarship to those with outstanding academic performance.
- NITW can avail many types of scholarships.
NIT Warangal Facilities
- Central Computer Centre: The Centre has 190+ client machines and has a capacity to include 400+ machines. Client systems are of both desktop and workstation genre.
- Central Library: The central library has over 1, 79,797 lakh paper-based books. 2000-online journals are available at NIT
- Campus Networking Centre: CNC provides Internet and Intranet facilities to all users in the Institute. Centre has high-end computational servers on which accounts are given to the faculty and students. NIT has an Extensive fiber optic network over the whole campus.
- Engineering Unit There is a separate engineering unit for different courses and specialization is given to each one them
- Guest House When parents visit their children, the campus has made arrangement for it and they have guests house for them to stay.
- Health Centre It is a full-fledged unit with at least one doctor visiting every day and two part-time doctors assisted by supporting staff.
- Vehicle Section For professors and students coming regularly on their own vehicles have a separate section for getting it parked.
- Bank and ATMs: A bank is located beside the entrance gate of the college. The SBI branch located here also has an attached ATM for its college students.