NIT (National Institute of Technology) Sikkim is an Institute of National Importance. It was established in the years 2010 as an Autonomous University. NIT Sikkim is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech, MSc and Ph.D programs in various streams. NIT Sikkim Admission is done through national level entrance exams.
Check NIT Sikkim Cut off
NIT Sikkim Courses
NIT Sikkim offers the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The list of Courses Offered by NIT Sikkim includes B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology), M.Tech (Master of Technology), M.Sc (Master of Science) and Ph.D. The duration of B.Tech is 4 years and M.Tech is 2 years. Ph.D consists 3 years of duration.
NIT Sikkim Admission
NIT Sikkim B.Tech Admission
NIT Sikkim runs 4 years B.Tech program in various disciplines such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Bio-Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering. NIT Sikkim Admission to B.Tech program is done on the basis of JEE Main and JEE Advanced score.
NIT Sikkim M.Tech & M.Sc Admission
|Program||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|M.Sc||B.Sc degree in chemistry from a recognized university or institute||CCMN (Centralized Counselling for M.Sc)|
Institute Admission Test (IAT)
|M.Tech||B.Tech Degree in relevant discipline with required marks||CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech), Written Exam and/or Interview|
NIT Sikkim Ph.D Admission
NIT Sikkim offers Ph.D program in 8 different departments mentioned below.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
NIT Sikkim Eligibility for Ph.D Program
|Engineering/ Technology||Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with at least 65% marks or 7.0 CGPA|
Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 80% marks or 8.5 CGPA
GATE/ NET score, Written test and/or Interview
|Basic Sciences||Master’s degree in science with at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA|
|English||Master’s degree in English with at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA|
NOTE: There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
NIT Sikkim Placement
National Institute of Technology Sikkim has a separate cell for placement process called Training and Placement Cell. NIT Sikkim gathers the best placement opportunities for its students. These are some of the reputed companies visit the campus for recruitment process namely- IBM, Microsoft, Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Intel, Huawei etc.
NIT Sikkim Placement Process
- The Training and Placement cell sends invitations to companies or organizations along with all the relevant information
- Companies who are interested in recruitment process can register themselves on the official portal of NIT Sikkim Placement
- At the time of registration, companies will get the Username and Password on their email address for log in
- The registration process will be completed only after the company logs in and fill the Job Announcement Form (JAF)
- If the organization/ company is interested in conducting a Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) they can send a request to placement office along with the preferred dates
- The JAF is made available to the students, along with all the required information furnished by the company/ organization
- Interested candidates are required to sign their JAF to appear recruitment process
- Companies/ Organizations can view resumes of interested candidates and shortlist students as per the specified criteria
- Companies visit the campus on prescribed dates and conduct Interview or Tests according to their selection process
- After the successful completion of selection process, companies will make the list of shortlisted candidates and submit to NIT Sikkim Placement office
- The Placement cell also coordinates the signing of offer letters by students who have been selected to ensure that they reach the company at the earliest
NIT Sikkim Scholarship
NIT Sikkim offers several scholarships under different categories.
- Application form for SC/ST (Central Sector Scholarship Scheme under Top Class Education)
- Affidavit for scholarship (only for renewal applicants)
- Scholarship of the students for the session 2017-18
- Fresh Scholarship Proposal for the year 2017-18