MIT College Of Engineering (MITCOE) is a private self-financed institution run by Maharashtra Academy Of Engineering And Educational Research (MAEER). Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad is Founding Executive President and Managing Trustee of the MAEER.
- MAEER was founded in 1983, with the goal to become a “Center of Excellence in the field of Education and Research.” It now encompasses 71 institutes, colleges and schools in the fields of engineering, management, pharmacy, medicine, and general education.
- MITCOE, established in 2001, is today amongst the top engineering colleges in India.
- MITCOE is affiliated to the University of Pune and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- MITCOE, Pune Institutes offer four year degree courses in various branches of engineering and post graduate courses in select areas. Admission to all courses is based on merit as per rules and norms laid down by the Director Technical Education ( DTE), Maharashtra State.
Placement Stats (Branch Wise) :
|Electronics and tele communication engineering||2011-12||61|
- Library : Library has an excellent collection of books & journals and other non-book reading material in the form of CD-ROMs and DVDs. One important component of Library is “Digital Library” which has pool of 10 computers connected to internet for surfing worldwide knowledge. Variety of professional E-journals is accessible to Faculty, students and Research Scholars. The library has the following collection of books and journals–
National Journals- 121
E- Databases / Journals Packages- 11
The extra features of the lbrary makes the life and study of students much relevant. The features are like On line Book Search System OPAC: (Online Public Access Catalogue), Account management from desk, Air conditioned reading hall with excellent ambience, Access to world renowned e-journals, Tie ups with other libraries, Books Reservation Facility, E – Vigilance system, Photocopy facility, News Alert system, 12 hours Usage and lots more.
- Bank: Financial transactions either with the institute or personal are an inevitable part of student life. A branch of the’ Bank of India’ is available with an ATM center at the college premises itself with all the necessary facilities, which will further facilitate the students to carry out the important banking interactions like cash withdrawal or cheque deposit.
- Medical: Fully equipped dispensaries with doctors are available at our premises. Various medical checkups and campaigns are held free of charge for all the students and faculty members during every academic year.
Extra Curricular And Clubs :
- MIT ROBOCON Tech Team– It is a group of enthusiastic students from almost all the branches of engineering who work together to participate in the robotics event.
- SPE AIIIP (Society of Petroleum Engineers – Annual Industry Institute Interaction Program).
- MIT SPE Students chapter organizes SPE AIIIP every year to promote the interaction between Petroleum industry and institute.”
- MIT Cultural– MIT Cultural is the students group of MIT where the creativity flows. This group mainly participates in the two major Marathi drama competitions.
- Saurabh– Saurabh magazine is the annual college magazine of Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune. As regards Saurabh has always stood as a medium for the students of MIT to render their talents in the forms of writing, art, design or painting to the larger college audience.
- Drishti- MIT Film Club