Kamla Nehru Institute Of Technology is affiliated to U.P Technical University. The institute offers 3 main programmes in various streames which are Bachelor of Technology, Master of Technology and Master of Computer Applications courses.
Initially in 1976, KNIT started as the Faculty of Technology in Kamla Nehru Institute of Science and Technology, Sultanpur by Kamla Nehru Memorial Trust. But later, in 1979 it was taken over by the govt. of Uttar Pradesh to develop the institute as a full-fledged engineering institute in the Eastern UP region better known as the Awadh region. Later, in the year 1983 it was registered as a separate society and renamed as the Kamla Nehru Institute Of Technology.
The Institute is one of the leading technical institutions of the region and is responsible for producing top-grade engineers with skill sets comparable with the best in the world. Being fully aware of its social responsibilities and the addressing the issue of application of technology to industry, it also renders the testing and consultancy services to the neighbouring industries and various other agencies.
Placement Summary For 2012-13 :
|New Generation Application||–||–||–||–||–||–||03||03|
- Central Library: Library is the base of any professional organization. Every departments have their own libraries. The Central Library of the Institute is well equipped, spacious and fully automated. Presently it has around 50000 books consisting both of Indian and Foreign authors. The central library subscribes a good number of reputed Indian and International journals in engineering subjects as well as in sciences and humanities. The students and staff have a free access to books and journals in the Library.
- Dispensary: The Institute provides a Heath Center give primary health facilities to their students & staffs. However, cases requiring specialized treatment are referred to the District Hospital, Sultanpur.
- Bank: Punjab National Bank (PNB) with the ATM facility is located in the Institute campus.
- Post Office: The Institute has a Post Office which is located at the main gate of the Institute.
- Canteen: The Institute has a cafeteria and a canteen to serve the students. One canteen, located in the academic complex provides services to the staff during working hours.
- Guest House: The Institute has a guest house with good accommodation and dinning facilities. The accommodation for guests is arranged on request on payment at the nominal charges.
- Transport Facility: The Institute provides a 52-seater deluxe bus for the students for their local journeys and out-station educational tours. To deal with medical emergencies, the Institute is ready with the well-equipped Ambulance which is stationed 24 hours in the hostels premises with a driver.
- Security: A Security Agency looks after the institute and comprises of a Security Officer and about 50 security guards. The whole Institute campus including academic area, administration building, hostels, and residential complex is fully covered with the security round the clock.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES :
The Council of Student Activities (CSA) of the institute aims to promote and develop the personality of a student. It mainly comprises of different councils as detailed under. Students are mandatorily required to join at least two of the following council activities.
- Sports Council
- Cultural Council
- Literary Council
- Photography and Fine Arts Club
- Hobby Club
Besides the organization of above activities the council also publishes a magazine. The work of each council is observed and managed by a team consisting of Faculty Members, Council Convener, Student Secretary and Student Members. The performance of the students in various activities is evaluated and marks are awarded under the head “General Proficiency”.
Following types of scholarships may be awarded to students-
- Merit scholarship of Rs 3000.00 is awarded to 10 percent of the total number of students of each B.Tech branch by Uttar Pradesh Government.
- General/Other Backward classes Scholarship of Rs 330/- P.M. for day scholars and Rs 740/-per month for hostellers and Institute (tuition) fee reimbursement with a condition that total Annual income from of Parents’/Guardians’ from all sources is Rs One Lac or less than Rs One Lac.
- SC/ST/Minorities Scholarships of Rs 330/- P.M. for day scholars and Rs 740/- per month for hostellers and Institute (tuition) fee, University Fee and User’s Charges reimbursement with a condition that total Annual income of Parents’/Guardians’ from all sources is Rs One Lac or less than Rs One Lac.
- Maulana Mohd Ali Jauhar merit cum means scholarship of Rs 30,000.00 per annum for Hostellers and Rs 25,000.00 for Day Scholars on merit basis.
- Financial aid is given to economically weaker students from Student Aid Fund.
- Other Miscellaneous Scholarships offered by Private Trusts/Agencies as announced from time to time.