In India there are uncountable number of institutes that are known for excellent teaching and learning facilities and techniques. In this diverse country, the presence of an institution that caters to the needs of the local aspirants is vital for the country’s development. The establishment of the Kakatiya Institute Of Technology And Science in the Telangana region has played a significant role in the fulfillment of many a people’s dream.
- It was established in the year 1980 by Ekashila Education Society.
- In its nearly 35 years of existence, KITS has seen tremendous growth and can also be called as a milestone in the history of the Telangana region.
- A variety of courses is being offered in the institute at under graduate and post graduate level as well as at research level too.
- It has been recognized by AICTE and also got accreditation from NBA.
- Now the institute is celebrating its silver jubilee year and is one of the few reputed institutions of Andhra Pradesh which is famous for its strong, demanding academic background and infrastructure as well as student community in home and abroad.
Placement Stats For 2013-14 :
|Name Of The Company||CE||ME||EIE||ECE||EEE||CSE||IT||MCA||MBA||Total|
|M/s. TCS, Hyderabad||1||5||7||8||6||10||7||–||–||44|
|M/s. Genpact, Hyderabad||–||–||–||4||1||5||5||–||–||15|
|M/s. ADP India||–||–||1||1||–||1||–||–||–||03|
|M/s. Nile Stream Info Technologies Pvt. Ltd., India||–||–||2||5||2||8||1||–||2||20|
|ELGI Equipments, Coimbatore||–||1||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|Design Tribe India.||2||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||02|
|Creative Thoughts, Bangalore||–||–||1||–||–||–||1||–||–||02|
|CA Technologies, Hyderabad||–||–||–||–||–||1||–||–||–||01|
|Indian Army(2014 Batch)||01|
|Lucid India Software, Chennai||–||–||–||1||–||1||2||–||–||04|
|Choice Solutions, Hyderabad||–||–||–||4||–||2||–||–||–||06|
|GGK Technologies, Hyderabad||–||–||1||2||–||4||1||–||–||08|
|Polmon Instruments Private Limited||–||–||3||–||–||–||–||–||–||3|
|Mold-Tek Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Hyd.||–||1||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||1|
|Forun Express & Cargo Ltd., Hyd.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||1||1|
|S.No.||Year||No.Of Books Purchased|
Going with the brilliant academic structure the university also opportune its students with various other activities they can participate in.
- It has a Music Club that holds musical events to let the students show their singing and other skills
- The Science Club organizes events that invite the students to present their innovations
- Other clubs are also there including Forum for Social Studies, Industry Interaction Cell, Tribal Museum, Yoga Center and many more that focus on the overall growth of a student.
- Students also enroll their names in the NSS Cell that is involved in many social activities like AIDS awareness, Child Labor, Literacy on so on.
- Several sporting events are also held throughout the year in which students actively participate. The university made history by winning the Inter-University Gymnastic Championship for three consecutive years from 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Different Clubs At KITSW:
- Cultural Club: This club organizes cultural events like music and dance and make the students in the level to compete and participate in many competitions.
- Game and Sports Club: This club organizes many competitions and tournaments in the college and prepares their students to bag the trophies among many other competitors.
- Arts club: This club reinforces the internal ability of a student and empowers the creativity of the student in different skill level like painting, drawing, sketching, photography, videography etc.
- Humanity Club: This club gives a helping hand to the needy in the society. This club mainly involves charity which helps people for a healthier society.
Awards And Achievements:
- AAA Rating among best Engineering Colleges in India by careers360.com.
- Signed an MoU with Fiber Glass Industries Association of Andhra Pradesh.
- Signed an MoU with Siemens Industry Software (India) Pvt. Ltd., (In Process)
- Signed an MoU with ECI Construction & Engineering Industry (In Process)
- Dr. K. Ashoka Reddy and Sri. M.Raghu Ram of EIE department got sanctioned an amount of Rs. 9.9 lakhs under Research Promotion Scheme by AICTE.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) got sanctioned an amount of Rs. 5.0 lakhs by AICTE.
- Prof. P.Venu Gopal Rao, Professor, Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engineering got sanctioned Rs. 4.0 lakhs for Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Micro Grid and Distributed Generation” by AICTE.
- Department of Civil Engineering g