IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat was incepted in the year 2008 on the banks of river Sabarmati. The Institute that is spread across 400 acres land is located at Palaj, Gandhinagar, approx. 26 Km from Ahmedabad Airport. IIT Gandhinagar houses over 12,000 collection of books including monographs, reference books etc. Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Admission is done through National level exams such as JEE Advanced, GATE and IIT JAM
Click here to check JEE Advanced Cutoff
Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar Highlights
- IIT Gandhinagar has recently collaborated with the Space Applications Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for research works in the areas of signal and image processing, electronics and electro-optical systems modeling.
- India-Ki-Khoj (Discovering India) is an intensive program fostering the understanding and appreciation of India through lectures and field visits.
- In 2011, IIT Gandhinagar and the Physical Research Laboratory signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that ensures research collaborations and exchanges between the two institutions at the level of advanced Ph.D.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Courses and Eligibility
IIT Gandhinagar Courses are offered at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level – B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc., M.A. and Ph.D. The Courses offered by IIT GN are approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
IIT Gandhinagar B.Tech Course Eligibility
IIT Gandhinagar offers a four-year B.Tech program in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science. The total number of seats available in all the six disciplines is 180 (30 seats each discipline).
- The basic eligibility criteria to apply is 75% marks in Intermediate (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- The admission to this course is based on the valid score in JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Course Eligibility
The Institute offers an M.Tech program in eight specializations viz., Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering. The Institute also gives an option of a one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering (PGDIIT)program to the candidates.
- The criteria to apply is minimum 55% in B.E./ B.Tech/ M.Sc. or equivalent in a relevant branch.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score are eligible to apply for M.Tech program whereas, for those applying to M.Tech Part-time and PGDIIT program, GATE exam is optional.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Sc. and M.A. Course Eligibility
The Institute offers M.Sc. program in four specializations namely, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Cognitive Science and M.A. program in one specialization viz, Society and Culture.
- The minimum eligibility to apply to M.Sc. and M.A. programs is Graduation with 55% marks in a relevant stream.
- Admission to M.Sc. course is done on the basis of Joint Admission Test (JAM), organized by IIT Bombay.
- However, admission to M.Sc. (Cognitive Science) and M.A. are based on an Entrance Test and Interview conducted by IIT Gandhinagar.
Click here to check IIT GN Courses and Fees Structure
Check IIT Gandhinagar Cutoff
IIT Gandhinagar Ph.D. Course Eligibility
The Ph.D. program is offered to the students in thirteen specializations – Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cognitive Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences. IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission will be done on the basis of Written test and Interview conducted by the institute.
- Candidates who secure between 60% – 65% or more in M.A./ M.Tech/ M.Sc./ B.Tech are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program.
- The institute invites candidates for the written test and interview based on their Academic record and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
IIT Gandhinagar Placements
IIT GN Placement cell strives to inculcate innovative thinking, leadership skills and social awareness in its students through a project-oriented curriculum. The placement cell acts as an integral link between the students and corporate organizations. It also provides a platform for students and recruiters to come together and explore a beneficial alliance with strong values and commitment.
|Undergraduate Program (B.Tech)|
|Academic Year||No. Of Students Placed||Median Salary|
|2014 – 2015||64||8.80 Lakh|
|2015 – 2016||63||75 Lakh|
|2016 – 2017||68||7.75 Lakh|
|Postgraduate Programs (M.Tech, M.Sc., M.A.)|
|2014 – 2015||10||5.5 Lakh|
|2015 – 2016||37||6 Lakh|
|2016 – 2017||24||6.6 Lakh|
IIT Gandhinagar Ranking
IIT Gandhinagar Scholarship
IIT Gandhinagar offers MCM Scholarship and New Merit Scholarship to the candidates who are meritorious yet come from an economically low background.
Read more about IIT Gandhinagar Scholarship
IIT Gandhinagar Hostel
IIT GN offers six hostels to the students namely, Aibaan, Beauki, Chimair, Duven, Emiet and Firpeal. IIT Gandhinagar hostels are managed by students through the hostel maintenance committee. In each hostel, a resident caretaker follows up on all routine maintenance issues, and the warden is ultimately responsible for hostel administration.