Govind Ballabh Pant Engineering College (GBPEC), was Established in 2007 by Founder Principal Prof. (Dr.) O. P. Sharma by the Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE) of the Government of NCT of Delhi. In establishing this institution, the Government of Delhi took another quantum stride for fulfilling the aspiration of young Delhiites for getting world-class technical education in their city.
- This institution started with an initial take of 120 students 60 each in Mechanical and Automation Engineering (MAE) and B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE). The institute has expanded the horizon by commencing Computer Science Engineering branch in 2009.
- The institute is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and approved by the AICTE.
- It has been conceived and designed to be a super specially institute in Mechanical Engineering, with focus on Advanced and Flexible Manufacturing Systems (AMSs/FMSs), CAM/CIM,Automation & Robotics, Nano Technology, Mechatronics, etc., the R&D organization, the Academia, other Government organization, PSUs, defence services, and regional, national and international professional needs.
|S.No.||Company Name||Branch||Students Placed|
|10.||Lakshay Technology Solutions||CSE||02|
- ANUGOONJ: The Annual Cultural Festival organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. It was initiated by the University in the year of 1999. This cultural festival is organized in the month of February. Around 120 affiliated institutes of the university participate in the festival. This four day extravaganza is a perfect blend of entertainment, fervor, creativity and talent.
- RESNOVAE: This is the technical festival of College in association with Society of Elite Engineers Trojanz. It lasts for four days. It ignites the spark of technical competitiveness amongst students.
- AMBROSIA: It is the cultural festival organized annually in the month of November. It lasts for two days. Number of events are organized like dancing, mimicries, singing, theatre etc.
- FORTIUS: This a the sports event in which various type of sporting event are conducted like chess, carom, table-tennis, cricket, badminton, basketball etc.
- SAEINDIA: It is India’s leading resource for mobility technology. The ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, Government Officials, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Academics and Students.The founding principle of the SAE International is to unite scientific and technical staff to perform free academic discussions, to dedicate themselves to the cause of prospering the science and technology for automotive vehicles and to make contributions to speed up the modernization of automotive industry SAE-GBPEC pioneered in 2009 and now it has more than 70 members to its glory.
- MINI BAJA: MINI BAJA is a national level competition is conducted by SAE India. Over 250 Teams compete to have their design accepted for manufacture by a fictitious firm.
- IEEE: IEEE student branch is one of the most active branches under the Delhi Section ,Region 10 (Asia Pacific).Since its establishment in 2007 ,it has made its presence felt at all the major events under IEEE be it the national conference or the technical fests in the leading colleges. The annual IEEE technical festival “IMPULSE” has seen massive participation from all over the country. Also, it has been actively involved for the past quarter in the Global Integrated Network for IEEE (GINI) project.
- SOCIETY OF ELITE ENGINEERS TROJANZ: It is a non-profit nationally registered scientific association of distinguished scholars established in 2010. It include research and development center heads, department heads, faculty deans, professors, scholars, engineers, experienced software development directors, managers and engineers, university postgraduate and undergraduate engineering and technology students, etc.
Library: The library is fully automated spread over a large area with an excellent collection of Books, Journals, Magazines etc. It is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi Facility to browse through thousands of Journals and References Online.
- 15,000 No. of Titles of the Books
- 40 Magazine Subscriptions.
- No. of newspapers = 13 (Hindi & English).
- 5000 E-Journals.
- Membership with DELNET.
- Capacity of approximately 80 students.
Sports: GBPEC believe in the holistic growth of students. The physical education division is glad to present both the indoor and outdoor sports facilities. The indoor sports facilities include table tennis and carom boards. The outdoor sports facilities available are composed of cricket equipments, volleyball and badminton, basketball.
Other Facilities: Besides a warm welcome, we provide companies with the following aid :
- Large classrooms & halls for Pre-Placement Talks and Written Tests.
- Air-conditioned rooms in the Training & Placement Office for Group Discussions and Interviews.
- High-speed Internet connection.
- Student volunteers for prompt action on the day of visit.
- Arrangement for stay at IT Guest House, if intimated prior to visit, on a nominal charge fixed by the University.