Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) is a Private Institute located in Mesra, Ranchi and was established in the year 1955. BIT, Mesra is one of the four campuses of BITS University, Pilani. BITS University is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). BITS is also accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The Institute offers various UG and PG courses in addition to PhD and M.Phil. Research courses.
Check BIT, Mesra Admission Procedure.
BIT, Mesra Highlights
|University Type||Deemed to be University|
|Campus Area||780 Acres|
|Library||10,000 Online Journals,|
100 Print Journals,
60 Audiocassettes and 4,000 Project Reports.
|Hostels||11 (for Boys)|
3 (for Girls)
|How to Reach||16 kms (from BIT Mesra Bus Stop)|
2.1 kms (from Mesra Railway Station)
20.2 kms (from Ranchi Airport)
BIT, Mesra Courses and Admission
BIT, Mesra UG and Integrated Courses Admission
Admissions to UG and Integrated courses are done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 or equivalent (in relevant field) and required Entrance exam.
- CBSE – Minimum 50% marks (for B.E.)
- CBSE – Minimum 60% marks (for B.Sc. + M.Sc.)
- JEE Main Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for BE)
- JEE/ NEET UG Entrance Exam – (for B.Pharm.)
- Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for BHMCT).
- NATA Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for B.Arch.).
Final Selection to the programs are based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counselling authority. Whereas, selections for BHMCT program are based on scores obtained in Entrance Exam conducted by the Institute.
BIT, Mesra PG Admission
Admissions to PG courses are done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in their Bachelor’s Degree Examination or equivalent (in relevant field) and required Entrance exam.
- Bachelor’s Program – Minimum 50% marks (for MBA and M.Sc.).
- Bachelor’s Program – Minimum 55% marks (for ME/ M.Tech., M.Pharm., M.Plan. and MCA).
- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MBA).
- GATE Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for ME/ M.Tech. and M.Plan.).
- GPAT Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for M.Pharm.)
- BIT-MCA Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MCA).
Final Selection to the programs are based on the allocation of seats through Counselling conducted by the concerned counselling authority. Whereas, selections to MBA program are based on Group Discussions & Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
BIT, Mesra Ph.D. Admission
Birla Institute of Technology offers three-year full time Ph.D. research course, candidates should hold Master’s degree in relevant field with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Final selection of candidates is done on the basis of:
- Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview conducted by BIT.
- UGC (NET)/ CSIR (JRF) Examination (for Ph.D.).
- SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holders (for Ph.D.).
- Direct award of Fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any such national agency (Ph.D.).
- Any other equivalent test.
Know more about BIT, Mesra Courses & Fees Structure.
Check BIT, Mesra Cut-off.
BIT, Mesra Placement
BIT, Mesra offers Placements to candidates through their Central Placement Cell where the students are counselled and trained before appearing for an interview.
|Average Package Offered||6.83 Lakh p.a.|
|Highest Package Offered||27 Lakh p.a.|
Click for more details on BIT, Mesra Placement.
BIT, Mesra Ranking
|Body / Magazine||Rank||Year|
|NIRF||12 (for Pharmacy)||2017|
BIT, Mesra Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on basis of Merit.
BIT, Mesra Facilities
- Hi-Tech laboratories.
- Indoor and Outdoor games facilities.
- Hostels with 24*7 Security system.
- Auditoriums with intake capacity of 2,500 people.
- Guest House.
- Shopping Complex & Co-operative store.
- Stationary Shop.
- Marketing Complex.
- Health Care Facilities.
- 24 hrs. Emergency services.