Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is one of the best private technological university in India. BITS, Pilani mostly focuses on undergraduate education in Engineering, Science, and Management. BITS is also one of the few universities in India that follows “No Reservation Policy” for admission. Ex-Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan, Hotmail-Founder Sabeer Bhatia, and Amkette Founder Rajiv Bapna are some of the products of the university.
BITS has three other campuses in addition to the Pilani campus:
- BITS Pilani Goa Campus
- BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus
- BITS Pilani Dubai Campus
Birla Institute of Technology Highlights
|Type of University||Deemed to be University|
|Accreditation||‘Grade A’ by NAAC|
|Library||3,000 Current Journals|
20,000 Electronic Resources
|Campus Area||328 Acres|
|How to reach||0.3 KM (from Pilani Bus Stand)|
17.7 KM (from Chirawa Railway Station)
180.2 KM (from IGI, New Delhi)
Birla Institute of Technology Courses and Admission
BITS, Pilani offers Undergraduate, Post-graduate and Doctoral-level programs. BITS Admission to all the courses is based on various entrance test conducted by the university.
Admission to BE/ B.Tech and Integrated M.Sc. programs are through BITSAT conducted by the university. For admission to a higher degree and doctoral program, one has to appear for an online entrance test and an interview, both conducted by the university.
Know more about BITS Pilani Courses & Fees
BITS Pilani Entrance Exam (BITSAT)
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is an online computer-based admission test conducted by BITS, Pilani. The test is majorly conducted for admission to integrated first-degree programs offered at all the campuses of the university. BITSAT Application forms are available from the month of January, every year, while the entrance exam is conducted in the month of May.
BITSAT Application Form
The application form for BITSAT is made available on the university’s official website. BITSAT Application forms are available from the month of January, every year, while the application process ends around the month of June. Candidates need to fill the form online, once a form has been filled, candidates will need to take a printout of the application form. A candidate can make changes in the application form at any time before submitting the form. One should only take a printout of the application form, once he/she has made sure that the form has been filled in correctly.
Candidate can choose to pay online through any of the given online payment methods or may even choose to pay offline through Cash Challan. Once the candidates have taken the printout of the application form and completed the payment, they will send the form to The Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan.
BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT Admit Cards are made available on the BITS Official Website in the month of April as the entrance exam is conducted in the month of May. The admit cards can easily be downloaded from the website of the university. Here are the step-wise instructions on How to download the admit card?
The result for BITSAT exam is announced in the month of July. The university announces the result through its official website. The result consists of a list of candidates who have cleared the entrance test and will be allotted admission to any of BITS’ 4 campuses. The list also includes names of the candidates on the waiting list. Learn about how to check BITSAT Result.
BITS Pilani Cutoff
The university follows a strict ‘No Reservation Policy’, which means that the admission to BITS is clearly on the basis of merit that a candidate has attained. BITS announces separate merit lists for separate campuses. Once the result is announced, BITS Pilani releases a number of cutoffs. Based on the cutoff, admission is granted to the candidates.
Check BITS Pilani Cutoff
The BITS Pilani has a number of clubs that the students can enroll into for organizing various extracurricular activities. These clubs are-
- The Creative Activities Club (CAC): It works throughout the college festivals. Fun-game events in BOSM; Several workshops and competitions during OASIS; Creative puzzle events and an art gallery during APOGEE.
- The BITS Radio-Control (RC) Club
- Team Robocon is a group of robotics engineers participating in ABU Robocon.
- MASSOC: It is basically a Management Association which deals with providing a wide platform for the students so that they can showcase their management skills.
- Marketing Club: It is the club where Students show up their creativity & unique ideas. It is conducted basically for discussing new practices & schemes which can help to give new dimensions to the education.
- Finance Club: It helps young minds to learn the intricacies of stock markets, the mechanics behind the driving force of the financial world.
- Editorial Club: A club created by the MBA students that give an impartial voice to the talented minds & people with a passion to write. It brings out a management group newsletter “BIZZ BITS”.
- Astro Club: Skywatching sessions. The club is equipped with two telescopes: A Galilean and a 12.5-inch Cassegrainian telescope.
- Some other clubs include The Hindi Drama Club (HDC), English Drama Club (EDC), The Debating Society, The Wall Street Club, The Music Club, The Dance Club, The Photography Club known as Photog.
BITS Pilani Placement
BITS Pilani has achieved successful placements for almost 100% of the deserving candidate over the past few years. The Central Placement Cell of BITS Pilani counsels and trains the candidates before appearing for an interview. Companies like Amazon, KPMG, Morgan Stanly, PWC, Hindalco, Hitachi, Honda, Infosys, TESCO are among the top recruiters of the Institute.
Find more information about BITS Pilani Placements
BITS Pilani Festivals
The following festivals are hosted annually-
- BOSM– It is BITS Open Sports Meet
- OASIS-The cultural fest
- APOGEE- The signature magnum opus tech fest
- INTERFACE– Management fest organized and conducted entirely by MBA students.
BITS Pilani Ranking
|General – International|
|General – International|
|General – International|
|General – India|
|NIRF||2017||Engineering – India||16|
|India Today||2017||Engineering – India||4|
|Outlook India||2017||Engineering – India||5|
|The Week||2017||Engineering – India||7|
BITS Pilani Scholarship
A large number of scholarships, fellowships, and other financial assistance are available to the students of the institute.
- Institute Merit and Merit-cum-Need Scholarships: Students admitted to Integrated First Degree Programmes are eligible to receive these awards. The merit awards cover reimbursement of full semester fees and admission fees for top ten students of each batch, and 50% or 25% semester and admission fees for those selected for Merit-Cum-Need awards.
- Student Aid Fund: Some financial assistance may also be obtained from this fund. These awards are made normally in the second semester only.
- EWYLP: Various schemes operate under the Earn While You Learn Programme (EWYLP) from which financial assistance is available.