The University Institute Of Technology, (UIT) Barkatullah University, Bhopal (Formerly called Bhopal University) is a self-financing technical institute, established in August 1997, in memories of great freedom fighter, Prof. Barkatullah, who belonged to Bhopal. The University formerly known as Bhopal University was established in 1970 in the capital city of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Barkatullah University has made available 30 acres of land for the UIT campus, with the approval of the All India Council for Technical Education in concurrence with the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The University has also provided infrastructural facilities which include a new college building with a floor area of 4763 sq. meters and other facilities of the University such as the Sports & Games fields, Hostels, Guest House, and Cultural Hall.
- The institute is surrounded within its lush green campus along with the administrative wing, academic wing, workshop, research laboratories, sports ground, gymnasium, health centre, yoga centre, dispensary, hostel (boys and girls), bank etc.
- Banking and Post office facilities are also available on the University campus
- In 1974-75, the Institute of Open and Distance Education was established with the permission of UGC for distance education.
- There are postgraduate courses, certificate courses, diploma courses, M. Phil programmes, post-doctoral fellowship, etc.
- The university offers several innovative and job-oriented courses at the postgraduate level. Most of these courses are non-traditional and interdisciplinary
Library is the source of books and reference literature.The Library consist of the following list of resources:
- 25,000 Periodicals
- ASME Journal Membership
- ASME Journal Membership
- IEEE Journal Membership
- CSI Communications Membership
- 45,000 Theses / Dissertations
- US Patents Full Text
- 8,00,000 Articles
|SOCIETY OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS||SAE is a professional engineering society whose members combine their specialized abilities to further advance the research, development, design, manufacture and utilization of vehicles which operate on land, water, air and space.|
|National Service Scheme (NSS)||To inculcate in students a spirit of a responsible citizen of society.|
|INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (ISTE)||It encourages the concept of knowledge sharing among students and develop their aptitude. It was established in 1999|
|NATURE CLUB||It was established in 2001 and creates awareness amongst the youth to preserve the wildlife and maintain the ecological balance.|
|COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA|
|The Professionals meet to exchange information to learn and share ideas. It was established in 2004 April.|
|LITERARY ACTIVITIES||The college has annual magazine publication named “CONCEPTS”.|
Some Notable Alumi Are:
|Preseident of Somalia||Hassan Sheikh Mohamud|
|Environmentalist and Winner of the Rajbhasha Award for Poetry||Pamposh Bhat|
|Poet and Navlekhan Award||Pankaj Subeer|
|Poet and Bollywood Lyricist||Rahat Indori|
|Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|