Aligarh Muslim University is the dream University of many Indian and international students. Since its inception, it has been marching along the path of glory. Now, it has spread its wings over other colleges also. This University is truly the best where a student goes in and comes out with a job on their hands. Aligarh Muslim University is the very best in imparting excellent education. Many colleges and research centers are providing the best of education and service to the students.
The academic overview of this University is very much positive and thus students need not worry at all for pursuing higher education. The best thing is that this University is world famous and thus an M.Phil. or Ph. D from this University is highly celebrated all over the world. Being a leading University, the Aligarh Muslim University provides high-quality education through many faculties and institutions. It has been able to attract students from South East & West Asia and Africa.
Know about Aligarh Muslim University Admission
Aligarh Muslim University Highlights
|The established year||1920|
|Type of university||Central University|
|Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Library||18,00,000 volumes of books and 55,097 current journals|
|Location||AMU Campus Aligarh – 202001 Uttar Pradesh, India|
Aligarh Muslim University Courses
The university runs the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses. It has 12 faculties viz. Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies.
Also Check Aligarh Muslim University Courses and Fee Structure
Aligarh Muslim University Admission
Application process is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their applications on the official website of AMU.
Before applying for any program, candidates are suggested to check the eligibility criteria. For UG courses, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks. For PG courses, candidates having graduate degree in relevant field with required marks are eligible to apply. Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. courses should have master’s degree.
Selection is done on the basis of Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam which is conducted by the university itself. AMU conducts different exams for different courses. Candidates applying for B.Tech and B.Arch courses need to sit for AMUEEEconducted by AMU. Admission to M.Tech program is done through valid GATE score.
Click on the following links for detailed information about admission:
- Aligarh Muslim University MBBS BDS Admission 2018
- Aligarh Muslim University B.Sc. Admission 2017
- Aligarh Muslim University B.Tech Admission 2018
Aligarh Muslim University Schools and colleges
Aligarh Muslim University is holding the hands of many a schools and colleges. Once you glance through the list, you will grasp the power of the shadow of the Aligarh Muslim University.
- Senior Secondary School (Boys/Girls)
- S. T. High School (Minto Circle)
- Women’s College
- Ahmadi School for Blind
- City High School
- University Schools
- Abdullah Girls High School
Inter-departmental research centers
- Centre for West Asian Studies
- Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit
- Centre for Comparative Study of Indian Languages & Culture
- Centre of Excellence in Material Science/Nanotechnology (Soon to be established)
Aligarh Muslim University Placement
The University provides a placement cell that looks after the student’s career. Therefore, students are having a very bright future once they get in here. The University stands tall in this regard. It invited speakers from the corporate world like Wipro, Genpact, ICICI Bank, NIIT, etc for the Guidance and Motivation of the students.
Know more about Aligarh Muslim University Placement
Aligarh Muslim University Scholarships
- Sultan Jahan Begam Scholarship (Oman, open to all around 40 scholarships)
- Dr. E. R. Ansari Scholarship (Abu Dhabi, open to all around 10 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, Australia ( open to all around 38 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, California ( open to all around 200 scholarships)
- The Aligarh Alumni Association, Washington DC ( open to all around 248 scholarships)
- MSUS Scholarship ( two scholarship, specific for MJMC students)
Aligarh Muslim University Facilities
- It is known as the Maulana Azad Library
- It is the second biggest University Library of Asia
- It has a whopping collection of over 11.5 lakh books and documents
Again history knocks: Lord Lytton, the then Viceroy of India laid the foundation stone of the
- The Library was initially known as Lytton Library
- There are periodicals, about 10,000 from the category in Persian, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic
- There are books on the different subjects in Science & Technology
- The library has a well-equipped Computer Lab
- The library has a great of number of books in English
- An extraordinary feature of the University is its inhabited nature
- Both the students and staffs reside together on the campus itself
- AMU is really an agent of the country’s multiracial, multilingual and multi-religious characteristic
- Hindus Muslims, Sikhs, and Christians are studying and staying together
- There are 16 halls
- There are 69 hostels.
- 19 main clubs comprises of the University Games Committee
- There are 7 sub-clubs also
- The country has got the best sportsmen from this University
- The University provides for separate grounds for cricket, football, hockey, athletics, and tennis. Game and sports are very important for the students to keep themselves fit and fit as a fiddle
- The indoor games are also being played. Indoor games like chess, carom, billiards, badminton and table tennis are there for the boys and girls to play. It is suitably separate for the boys and the girls
It is very well equipped and thus provides with very fast internet system. The computers are updated every now and then. A student can use it for their benefit and thus derive immense help from the Centre.